BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tune up my EQ


Today's morning devotion I suddenly turn to this booklet while I wanted to read the bible (it is inside my bible's cover) and I finally realize how prideful I am while I attending this workshop during the 14th MNC 2009 at PICC. Well I heard in me, this is not for the day while I am in MNC, I finally understand that God actually meant this booklet for me to read today. I read it, and I saw the different thing that I once learn during the workshop and now. Really I wanted to admit, when I having pride, I can't learn more because I saturated myself in the things that I thought I already know.

The first thing I recover back is what is the differences of these three classes of emotion, that is Holy, Human and also Fleshly emotions. The goal in every human life is to move closer and closer toward the image of Christ (Ideal self), I was challenge that time, because I still think God has a certain level of envy, but in fact that God has nothing that is not ideal, if God is not perfect then how can He made Himself a standard for us to strive to? So just believe God is all holy and that is the ideal figure that we all are moving towards. Human emotion is not evil, but it is base on the situation we are facing, such as stress, isolation, desperation, pain, fear, sad and etc. But on the other hand the fleshly emotion is evil, it was all born from sin and it become an illusion to us that this is our true nature and that some people explained human are evil.

There is an distinction made between human efforts and with the help of the Holy Spirit. Remember the fruits of the holy spirit? Galatian 5:22-23 NIV "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." When we really humble down ourselves and that is when you are truly welcomed the Holy Spirit to work in you, and you will be blessed by all these fruits, these fruits are not breeds from human efforts but the help of the Holy Spirit. With all the emotions that afflicted in me, I couldn't tell what it is recently, and I describe my emotion as null feeling. This explained when I realize that I worked everything on my own and get desolated and say where is God? I tried to put everything up right and I keep on asking why, try to find out reasons and solution on my own, and I am stressed and desperated. I had struggled with emotions these past few days, but thank God he bring me back today. A lot of time it wasn't God withdrawn His presence from us, but it was us who withdrawn from Him, that we often try our old ways to solve problem, and that is trying all the best on our own without letting the Spirit of God to help us. We don't need to worry wether or not we can control our emotion because when you let the Holy Spirit to work in you, one of the fruit is self-control, technically by human efforts, it is futile against our self-discipline, because we are overwhelmed by our habits and character, that we must need the Holy Spirit's help to change the undesired behaviour and cognition and affection. Now I understand God is the greatest counsellor. There is no need a human counsellor when everyone knows how to let God had fully worked in us. By no accident in my devotion bible reading I had come across Romans 5: 3-5, it has a very similar thing I saw from Frank Outlaw's formation of our character and destiny.

I will explain here, the Joy in suffering related to the time while you having a distressed moment, it start with your thinking and your very own believe system about that matter. You had an amount of stressful emotion in you and you try to use words to explain your thought out. If the interpretation is wrong in this step and often by human effort it is wrong so breed a wrong action. In here endurance is the action and made it a habit if possible. This endurance made possible when we let God work in us, because of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Endurance is an action! Once you made endurance your habit it become your character also, that you have sucessfully bring God into your life that breeds hope in you and that is the destiny you will find.

Thank you God for this wonderful wisdom and knowledge. I will pray that I will humble down myself and have a heart of worship always, that I may rest in God's help. For I know that on my own efforts often get me into traps and foolishness, but in God I am wise. Amen.

"DO NOT FIGHT SIN ON YOUR OWN, PLEASE.
LET GOD HELP YOU."

0 Scrolls:

Music "Pot"