BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

World of Hatred


John 15:18-19 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.”

Remember when I use to say we fight a war out of love not hatred, peace not chaos, and joyous not destructive? Yes, that is the way how we fight the war, the deceiver’s pride soon will put into humiliation and put under the Almighty’s feet. I heard my very own voice resurface that reminds me that a war will not goes without casualties, it may cause a piece of yourselves but it will never compare to what you can save, to save the lives of innocent people, to save their souls from Hades, to save our own tiny useless souls, worth even lesser then a grain of sand. The world is ready to devour us, but are you ready to be devoured? “Be prepare, the end is near” Even in the 2012 movie quotes: “Repent, the end is near”

In further reading to John 16 in this morning devotion, somehow God is likely speaking to me, the scriptures keep on reflecting the things that Jesus tell His disciples about the work of the holy spirit that He call “the helper” will be our guide after He left us here. Just as in Mark 13: 34 describes “It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and put his servant in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake.” He leave us here in charge and he sent the holy spirit as an supervisor to us to keep His commands and work that pleases God and bring glory to Him. As I read on, I was comforted because I see that finally someone that can truly understand what is going on in my life, and that is God himself. He say that for sure we will suffers in sorrow and bitterness right now, yet I felt like God is talking to me in a mature tone and it sounds not like a joke, He is treating me like an adult now, and this deeply reflect how childish I am right now. Just as my father says: “Young man, you have a lot of things you have to learn.” I should have abandon my comfort zone and raise to shine for God already, a lot of time I am still too naïve, doing everything under my own understanding and unwilling to let the holy spirit to co-operate with me. I have joined this church, one of the Hope international ministries planted church, they talk about the Holy Spirit and the spiritual gifting, they prayed in tongue, this is what I did not experience previously in Methodist churches, at first I thought I still can do join this church by just ignoring the usage of Christ’s “Helper”, I never knew until now I see how the Holy Spirit works. I said to God isn’t that we should not relying on the emotions when we are mature? Because I am now confused about what is the heart of worship, wasn’t it mean that it is a surrendered heart? If not mistaken, it is right, well I can’t tell am I worshiping because I did not surrender down myself, I have pride, so I confused. I think it was the time that I should allows the spirit to work in me, I should start to believe what is right to believe, and I have been stagnant Christian for almost 15 years. The Lord is patient to me, waited patiently for my repentance, waited for my heart to fully mold to be one that He planned for me.

This quote from C.S. Lewis keeps on motivating me that I want to make it my motto. “It is when I give myself to His personality, which is when I will have a true personality of my own.” God gives me homework to do that is learning to be patient and humble. I might write in detail next time about why patient and humble.

As what comes to me this morning’s sermon is how to live a life with Holy Spirit. As Joshua shared that we are raw beef and it is not attractive, but after cooking it, aroma comes out, put on some dressings it looks attractive and delicious. Cooking needs fire, which is the “Helper” that Jesus Christ said in John 16. Yesterday, I heard a voice saying: “Thomas, where is your fire?” and today God helping me to search the answer. Now I know I needed the Holy Spirit to work along with me, and that is how God works through us. This morning God re-affirm me again that whatever we ask, God will surely give, by faith things make possible, and by faith that we are heal. God is patient, he also want to be patient and waited faithfully for His blessings, for He will surely give, just the matter of time. This reminds me when the time always tells me “Please wait.” When I truly surrender myself to His will, only that I will fully alive and living fully in my life purpose and God’s power shown in our humble hearts, the servant’s spirit. Thanks to the Lord on high that grand me peace in my heart, for I am weak that in you I am strong. Thank you Jesus for you have conquer the world and this makes my confident build in you, and the world of hatred will shatter in to ashes one day, and by your grace and mercy that will remain in you peacefully and joyfully.

0 Scrolls:

Music "Pot"