BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Boundaries in Dating

I am not going to write a full review of this book, but I am going to tell how useful it is as for Christian's dating life.

The sudden rushing up passion to know more about boy-girl-relationship (BGR) was started when I heard Pastor Earnest Tan, currently shepherding Bayan Baru Methodist Church (BBMC) introduce the congregation a book: "Kiss dating goodbye" well it inspire me to really desire to know more about dating life which also carries God along and imputing biblical values in it.

The another factor rush me in high was there are a lot more brothers and sisters in my current church are getting into BGR and I am one among them but I know my stand. Therefore I seek the Lord see what He's going to do with this. We had been warn and knowing that if we start any BGR now will risk the ability to serve the Lord and studies too. Indeed dating itself is a risk!

I have finished up to chapter 7, five days after I bought the book. I gain a lot of insight from it and it makes me think a lot of aspect that I probably missed when I examine myself. Still it flash back to the idea that before you can really love someone else you begin to love yourself first. Love itself reflects its aroma to the surrounding, a loving person is naturally attractive. However I am reinforced by this book that a strong friendship is needed before going into something more such as dating and marriage. Another thing I am reassure is that ourselves is the core of making the relationship last and blooming, we should examine ourselves the values we had, attitude, behaviour, levels of EQ, unfinished business from the past, your relationship with yourself and etc. Another insight had made me firm about what infatuation and love is and their differences. I can't manage to tell all what is in my mind now because it is too much to write here, so I can just explain it in specific context. I hope with this knowledge I can really help out all my brothers and sisters including me about BGR. I really desire to have this wisdom and I wanted to be a teacher as you all know I am becoming a member of Hope Kampar. BGR is my main topic and appears that I had been into a lot of knowledge in it but the not personal experience because I don't even have a dating relationship before.

What important is that we all should bring God along in the date if you were dating.

I am excited and wanted to have a word with Bee Kim when we meet. Its going to be great, and to my love insterest, the is a message to you...: "I am preparing to become a better man and for now I am sure that we best rooting ourselves in love and build it up in a matter of friendship that without romanticizing it and not in a fantasy but in reality."

Today's question:
- Do I really understand what is friendship?
- How do I know I am in a right direction in this relationship?

0 Scrolls:

Music "Pot"