BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is Slothfulness A SIN?

Is Slothfulness A SIN?


Visit here for further reading: http://joshkarrer.blogspot.com/2008/06/seven-deadly-sin-slothfulness.html


Today I was frustrated with myself of not doing my true force out to study. After numerous struggle of bitterness in my heart I start to realize that I had been idle and uncaring. I don’t even feel the fear of the consequences of failing the major papers in the exam, how can I be so calm? I just seek for personal satisfaction all the time. The unexplainable thing is whenever I wanted to pursue on reading the text I start to fall asleep, and most of the students also had it. Is this a curse or our misbehave? But when I played games then I am awake, and after finished playing I became sleepy again. Another possibility is that the game makes me tired, but I don’t know whether it is true?


If you read through my blogs, you find me sleep a lot more than usual. I sleep 8 hours and had a siesta for another 3-4 hours equivalent to 50% of the day wasted sleeping. I even had irregular time frame of sleeping too. This is a bad habit I say it is a plausible explanation for my relentless lifestyle that forcing myself to study. The outcome is slothfulness. I began to be very childish and search for gratification from fantasies my mind in some wild dreams and it took hours and also had an after effect in every movement I make. It is embarrassing because I did not pay attention to others and all thinking is about me, me and me.


Slothfulness is also an aspect of death I can introduce it into the ten I said last time[a]. This can be seen from the reason of the extinction of sloths in this world. Prov. 10:4 Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. 5 He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son. This is very applicable to my situation right now. I did not stay awake to harvest, and I hadn’t sow seed either[b].


I don’t know how to deal with this and the exam is coming nearer. http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/2008/02/21/16-powerful-tips-to-overcome-laziness/ Here is some tips to handle. But I don’t have time I guess I’ll just do whatever at least has study a little. Give God an input.


Happy reading… and shares your thoughts here.

0 Scrolls:

Music "Pot"