BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Law

There is a question asking why laws are implemented. There are two explainations of why, it is because laws are implemented because everyone in this world are imperfect and laws are used to maintain justice and harmony in this world. The second is because that it is used to test our level of obedient. Law sometimes sounds crazy for certain people to obey, just as simple rules such as all personel in the premise of UTAR can not wear slipers, but yet it was because of convenience people wear slipers walking around.

God gave Moses laws from the ten commandments, why? God is a holy God and He hated sin therefore the laws are implemented to keep the people holy and righteous that they may not sin. And yet the same reason people fall is because they chose the way they wanted to live that are convenience to them. I remember those Isrealites been rescued in Exodus 14 and as soon as chapter 16 they already forgotten what God has done for them; the freedom for them, then blame God that He brings them out to starvation. This picture is not much different than us. When we are in a church service we prayed and worshiped but the next thing we know we are living on our own lives. What difference can we make if we are just Sunday Christians? Each task given in the church in the name of "Serving" are you serving the Lord truely? or Serving the church? or do for the sake it was your responsibility? or you do it because you told to do so? or there is no other people able do it so you do it? We forget the vision God gave us so quickly before we can act.

These whole week stretch a verse keep coming into my mind. Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you. - Hebrews 13:17 . Initially these verse could mean nothing to me, because I am the type I do because someone ask me to do and because the sense of responsibility. This could be an illusion to other people especially the elders and the authorities that they thought I am submissive and able to obey commands. I believe obey is something more than what we do without questioning and because higher authority commands us to do so. But before that I just wanted to make my point clear of which 4 authorities that we are submitting always:

1.) Culture (Everyone is doing it, so what?)
2.) Tradition (We have always done it, what's wrong with that?)
3.) Reason (It seems logical, so?)
4.) Emotion (It feels just right.)

Sounds like you doesn't it?

No doubt we are obedient, but where do we put our obedience? What is obedience? I remember the time when I use to write the "Mark of Friendship". The friendship here spoke of is the relationship with God, we are not his standard but we are the friends who have special previledge to go into the King's keep spend time with Him, and in the same time we submit to His authority because He us our King. Therefore obey Him and make his words your doorkeeper of what goes out and in to our minds for Paul said: "Everything in the scriptures is God's Word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live." - 2 Timothy 3:16 (CEV). You ask why obedience? But you already know what obedience brings and what is it all about. It's simple, do what is commanded and it will bring joy as in John 15: 9-11 stated that Jesus said: "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." The ultimate reason why I wrote this blog is simply laws are made for flaws and the solution to these flaws is love that is why in the new testiment Jesus summarize the ten commandment to love your God with all your heart, with all your souls and with all your mind. Love your neighbour as yourself. (Matthew 22: 37, 39)

Human conception of Obedience: Forced to do the command with fear and punishment.

CONCLUSION:
LOVING OBEDIENCE

0 Scrolls:

Music "Pot"